Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fun Summer Hair Trend: Dip Dye

Summer is such a great time to play around with new beauty tricks, hairstyles, and maybe even go a little crazy and do something like dip dyeing your hair! After all, schools out, and y'all know what that means? No silly dress codes that apply even to things like your hair! :) 

I just love this style!









 It can be as bright or as subtle as you want. Its not overpowering like dying all of your hair an unnatural color or the full-blown rainbow hair (although it looks amazing on some people, I'm just not willing to ruin my natural blonde hair)-





While I haven't done this with permanent dye yet (I just haven't had to time to go shopping for the right color dye (yeah, I'm kinda specific 'bout what I want...)) I tried it over Christmas break with some super easy to make, homemade temporary dye that my friend came up with (and it actually works, is good for your hair, and easy!). 

Here's a Picture of how it turned out on me with the colors I chose, AND the recipe/instructions:





You will need:
  • Thick, creamy, moisturizing conditioner 
  • a washable marker of the color of choice
  • A per dye color (preferably something disposable)
  •  A hair color brush (an eyebrow brush or a toothbrush will also work) (or use your fingers - but its kinda messy)
  • A flat iron and/or hair dryer
Instructions:
  1. Wash, blow dry,brush and straighten your hair and let it cool
  2. Cut the ink tube out of the marker (its a thin, clear tube)
  3. Dip one end of the ink tube into a small container of water (until a small segment at the tip turns white {empty})
  4. Blow the ink into a container with some conditioner (blow from the white end)
  5. Mix well
  6. Apply where you want it
  7. Straighten and blow dry colored hair until dry.
  8. Add more color as desired, straightening and drying after each layer. Since the dye is conditioner based, you don't have to worry about heat damage :)ts
It's seriously that easy! 
Color washes out easily with shampoo, so I recommend washing your hair before you do the dye so it'll last longer :)

And this my people, is what I'm eventually going to try to achieve (without bleaching it of course)...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no anon messages.
We're all entitled to our own opinions, but please, be nice :)
Thanks for reading and commenting!